CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

There's just something about him..

Yesterday was such a chaotic day.. it seems like all we did was pack up more of the stuff from my apartment and move it over to our new place. It was so tiring, and you could tell neither of us really wanted to be doing it. We are pretty burned out with packing, and I think more so him than I because his work is more physically demanding and tiring than mine--and he hardly gets one day off a week, sometimes its only a few days off in a pay period. So, yeah, I know he's more tired than I. Also because he's the one that's hauling all the big stuff to the cars and what not. Poor guy.

Anyways, yesterday, we were at my apartment for atleast 2 hours packing up stuff from my cupboards, trying to get the last little bit that's left..and in the meantime, Trace would do these silly dances, he was in such an upbeat, illy, happy mood.. I couldn't help but laugh It was apparent that we would much rather be doing something else, as he'd say "man, I'm so burned out".. but then, the next minute he'd be doing some sort of disco-style booty popin. He is adorable. After packing stuff up, we loaded it over to our new place---he sat on the couch to take a small break which I refused to do cause I wouldn't get up if I sat down, and within 5 minutes he was passed out asleep. I let him sleep for about 15 miinutes and then couldn't help myself, I had to go sit and cuddle with him. He decided shortly after that he needed to go get coffee cause he was extremely tired and we still had a bunch of stuff to do--get drapes/curtain rods for each room, get new shower heads, and a water hose for our washer. We set out on our journey to find stuff for our new house, and ended up in the curtain aisle at Walmart for a good 45 minutes. Walking back and forth, grabbing different colors, brands, textures... tons of ideas going through our heads, getting a bit exhausted of the huge selection...or lack of selection. It seemed like when we'd find a style/color we liked, there would only be one left--and we'd need two panels. Man, it was getting crazy. I'd then try to offer another option and he'd just smile, say it was up to me, and started to get a bit stressed like I was. It was so cute, he wasn't getting angry or mad, you could just tell he was getting ancy, on edge I guess to say. After we decided on some of the rooms, we then walked over to the showerheads. We picked those out fairly quickly, and made our way back to the curtain aisle cause I realized that one of the curtains I was holding had been opened, and we had to find the curtain rods to hang them up as well. In doing so, I noticed another aisle of curtains--the energy ones we were looking for in the first place. So then, we ditched what we had previously decided on, and started our search again in finding the perfect colors, sizes, textures...and, when we'd find one, they wouldn't have an identical for the same size.. we spent another 30 minutes or so trying to find our new curtains. Then, we found some curtain rods, and as walking down the aisle a little farther, we found others that we liked a little better... Oh man, talk about a shopping experience. We decided to get the water hose for our washer a different day, and on the way home we stopped at Little Caesars because we didn't want to make dinner... and not only that, our kitchen is covered in dishes and food that still needs to be put away. But, we decided that we were done for the night. Even when we got home, he was in a good mood--you could tell he was so tired, so drained--but, he still was his fun loving, silly self.. Tackling me on the bed, chasing me around.. being lovable.. teasing me for silly things, making silly comments..he's an amazing individual, such a great man.

I love that.

I love who I am when I am with him.
I love who he is.

I love that I can be silly with him, and sometimes he's sillier than me!

There's just something about him that makes me smile. He makes that twinkle in my eye brighter.

I love him.
He's truly one in a million, and I'm extremely lucky to have him in my life.

0 comments: